Being a chocoholic (like most of the women in my entourage), the idea of relinquishing chocolate temptations is simply impossible. With this in mind, and after a friendly encounter with Manhattan's Tov Nutritions nutritional coach Brooke Lowenstein-Hassoun, she recommended the following fast and wholesome chocolate mousse recipe made with fresh avocado. And yes! It's surprisingly very yummy!
INGREDIENTS (Served in 6-8 shot glasses)
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 tsp of premium quality cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Either agave nectar or sweetener to taste (at least 1 tsp)
- 1/3 cup of skim milk
- Ad 1/2 cup of vanilla Greek yogurt
- Peel and cut in quarts the avocados.
- In a mini prep food processor or Magic Bullet blender put the avocado, cocoa and sweetener and blend until nice and smooth.
- To smoothen it up, uou also have the option to ad milk or yogurt, as per your discretion.
- And voila, there you have delicious wholesome chocolate mousse!
- place the mixture in individual shot glasses refrigerate or serve.