This is my go-to Friday night fish dish when I'm short on time. Although I have never tasted real crab, I adapted the recipe from Martha Stewart and it came out delicious. This is a simple, very-easy-to-make entree for Friday night dinner. You may want to hold-off on the spicy chili flakes if you have small children. Its a nice summer dinner served with plain basmati rice with peas.
Prep time 5 min | Total time 25 | Serves 4
- 1 pack of whole imitation crab, surimi, by Dynasty
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp of warm water
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp of chili flakes
- 1 tbsp of chopped parsley or 1 tbsp of dry parsley
- Squeezed lime juice, to taste, enough to slightly accentuate flavor
- Kosher salt and ground pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, add the oil and minced garlic on low-medium heat. Make sure the oil doesn't get too hot, you want to avoid burning that garlic.
- Once it starts sizzling, add the the paprika, chili, lime juice, and the crab-meat and mix thoroughly for approximately 5-6 minutes.
- Add in the parsley, salt and pepper once the simili crab is slightly softened.
- Reduce the flame to low cook for 2 more minutes.